Saturday, January 16, 2016

Minus Ten Review- 2

Back in the day, I didn't have much of a camera. In fact, in the beginning, I didn't even have a camera, nor did I even know how to manipulate images for the blog. Sometimes my "blog mentor", Jeff Kerkove, would step in and fix me up. In fact, he had free range over my account here for a good year or so. There were times I would come on here and see changes I didn't even know he was going to pull off!

So, for this "Minus Ten Review", I am not going to post any images, because during this week ten years ago, there were no images posted the entire week! I know........imagine that! No wonder only a handful of folks ever read this blog back then! Boring! Ha!

Here's a short list of the topics discussed ten years ago here.....
  • I discussed whether the concept of bicycles having "soul" was valid or just a bunch of hooey.
  • I gave my feedback on a write up Jeremy Horgan-Kobelski wrote about the validity of riding a 29"er in a World Cup event. 
  • The concept of introducing a product months before its being available was considered in bad form by me, and I suggested a few companies that were taking a different tack. 
  • In my "Friday News Bits" , (I hadn't started using "Friday News And Views" quite yet), I revealed the name of the gravel road event in Kansas I had known was coming for months. The Dirty Kanza 200 had its first running in 2006 and was heavily influenced by Trans Iowa, which is why I was privy to some of the early goings on with that event. Anyone know what the event's working name was before January 2006? Hit the comments if you do.
Okay, that's a wrap for the look back this week.

2 comments:

Bob said...

“Race Across Iowa” or “Epic Across Iowa”?

Guitar Ted said...

@Robert James: I'm sorry, but I was looking for the working name for the Dirty Kanza 200 before it was announced i9n 2006. Thanks!