Monday, November 11, 2013

Trans Iowa v10: Registration Update #2

Veteran's Day is today, and first off, I want to extend my deepest thanks to all those who have served this country in uniform. I especially am thinking of my Dad, my step Dad, my Father In Law, and my Brother In Law.

As a small token of my appreciation, and as a way to make some folks realize it was Veteran's day today, I decided to open the Vets registration for Trans Iowa today. I have heard that it has had the effect I desired on some folks, so I hope it is understood that I meant for this to be a positive thing.

Now, Finisher's took 37 spots before their window of opportunity closed. That left 83 spots on the 120 spot roster to fill, and those will be split between Veterans and Rookies. Astute math minded folk will notice that 37 does not divide evenly. This is true and means that the Veteran's class will get the "extra" slot over the Rookie class this time. Last time this happened I gave the larger number of the left over slots to the Rookies, so turnabout is fair play.

A post card entry for T.I.
Starting with Trans Iowa v3, we took post card registration entries. Every year since then the post card entries have been a highly anticipated event at the shop where I work. Everyone working loves to see the creativity and variety of cards that arrive via USPS, UPS, FedX, and by other means.

For example, folks have walked their cards in, I have had them slid underneath the door before the shop opened, and I have had them attached to pizzas, flowers, and even a case of oil once!

So despite the fact that tomorrow their is "no mail", as we say, there will be mail! I know for a fact that there will be overnight packages sent in, and who knows what else! With this being the 10th anniversary of Trans Iowa, the entries for the 42 available Veteran spots will likely be filled quickly. I imagine within three days, but the past two years showed me that it would take the entire week to get it done. We'll see!

So far the roster looks really strong. There are T.I. winners, guys in the SS/Fixed class that could win the entire thing, and one women finisher that has the talent to win that division, and obviously, the only one coming back that's got the experience of completing a Trans Iowa. I can't wait to see which past veterans of Trans Iowa will sign up. It should be a strong field as well.

Stay tuned to the Trans Iowa v10 site for updates to the roster throughout the day.

1 comment:

MG said...

Thanks for recognizing Veterans Day today, my Brother. We are very fortunate to be Americans and I'd like to thank anyone who has served our country.

Looking forward to TIv10...

Cheers,
MG