Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Goodbye Bootleg Canyon

<===="Shiggy" and "Francious" from mtbr.com fame.

Well, today was the last day of riding for me at Bootleg Canyon. I can't imagine I'll ever come up to ride here again. I think the trails are awesome, don't get me wrong, but the dust and heat are not appealing to me. Well.......maybe in February. Yeah.....probably then it would be nice!

But, this place is on the way to nowhere else I would ever go to around here, so I just don't see it happening.

To mark the occaision, I collected some genuine Bootleg Canyon dust for my Dirt Museum. Expect a new bag to be hung up at the shop, Bootleg Canyon Dirt-in-a-Bag, soon.

<=====Affordable, light, and efficient, what's not to like?

The Spearfish is going to be a popular bike, I'm thinking. Mix a low price of $999.00 for a sub six pound frame with an efficient suspension platform tailor made for Mid-West single track and you've got a recipe for some big sales. But one must know a few things going in.

To be perfectly clear, to my mind, this isn't a "plush", "comfy", or "smooth" suspension bike. It works best when you are feeling some small degree of small trail chatter. Medium to bigger hits? Okay. The suspension works much like a Big Mama at that point. But this bike, which is a racer's rig for long rides and endurance events, is definitely tuned for efficiancy and covering ground at a rapid pace.

So, there wil be more coming on the Spearfish soon, but now, it's time to say goodbye to Bootleg Canyon and hello to the Sands Convention Center.

1 comment:

MG said...

Hey good buddy... Glad things are goin' super down south. That Spearfish is a sweet lookin' rig. I bet they're gonna' sell a ton of those things next season.

Chat with ya' soon. Have a great rest of the show and safe travels.

Cheers,
MG