Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thursday News And Views



<===Head badge for the Blackbuck.

I was stoked to find out that Mark Slate of OS Bikes is going to bring out a couple more sizes of the Blackbuck. Not only that, but they will have the head badges shown here. These are sweet bikes for the money. No word on exactly when these will show up, but hopefully in time for folks to ride in 2010.

Rumor has it there may be a "multi-terrain" model in the works too.





<===Now this is more like it!

I just got ahold of the bigger, beefier, gnarlier Ardent from Maxxis. This tire is just going to be much better than the 2.25 was. I can tell already by the deeper, bigger tread blocks, beefier sidewalls, and the very tubeless ready looking bead. (Maxxis doesn't officially make a tubeless ready 29"er tire)

These will be going on the Velocity P-35 rims I recently got in, and that is going to make for one burly wheel set. Of course, I am going to do tubeless right outta the box with these. Once I get a couple of rotors, and reduce the travel on my Rock Shox Reba, this will all come together on a bike for revealing later. It's going to be a fun ride!



<===Dreaming of going places in 2010.

MG and the guys out in Nebraska hooked me up with this shirt recently. It reminds me of those surreal trails in Nebraska that I dearly would love to go check out again, only for more than just half a day!

This place is just super cool. Potter's Pasture is something I have never seen the likes of anywhere, nor heard of anything like it. If there is some way I can sneak in a weekend to go here, I am going to sure try and do it, but this year is filling in fast! June, July, and August already have "must do" rides scheduled. Man! Can we get something done about making summer three more months longer? That might just do it!

No comments: